Pudding Cookies- Bisquick Books


I like to use Bisquick or a generic baking mix because it makes baking a lot easier for me. I have a collection of Bisquick books. This photo is of a 1956 edition, it is my second copy. I used the first one a lot and it fell apart. The oldest one is from 1935 and features recipes from the rich and famous. But I don't really think people like Joan Crawford and Clark Gable were in the kitchen baking with Bisquick. I have never ranted about my kitchen, but believe me it is very tiny. In one of my college courses I remember they said a corridor kitchen is the worst kitchen design. Well guess what my kitchen is. I have very little storage and hardly any counter space. So the less ingredients I have to get out the better it is. I have made these cookies quite a few times and they turn out good and are very quick to make. The above edition calls for 3/4 cup Bisquick but later editions call for 1 cup and that is what I use.
Bisquick Pudding Cookies
1 cup Bisquick
1 package (small size) instant pudding, any flavor
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 egg
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ingredients until dough forms a ball. Shape into balls, using 1 teaspoon dough for each ball. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten to about 2" with hand. Bake about 8 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I teach First Grade and these are an excellent, EASY cookie to use with small children. They love them!!

Unknown said...

We used to make these when I was a kid. It was a good activity to do at the kitchen table on a rainy day.