Kampa Sauce- Frugal Recipe

It is time again for me to dig in my boxes of recipes clippings. This one is an old newspaper clipping. I decided to Google Kapma sauce to find out more about it, but I could not find any English language sites that mention it. I have another ground meat, tomato sauce, allspice type recipe that is very good . I have made that one many times and serve it in pita bread. So I think this recipe would probably be tasty as well.

Kampa Sauce

1 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon butter
1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
1/2 can water (3 oz.)
2 teaspoons allspice
Dash of nutmeg and cinnamon
Salt, pepper
1 pound thin egg noodles
Parmesan Cheese
Saute the meat in the butter until it is no longer pink. Stir in the tomato paste, water, spices, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer the sauce, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring it frequently. While the sauce cook, boil the noodles. Drain and serve them with the sauce and cheese. Makes four servings.

1 comment:

Attic Clutter said...

Rochelle~~
Wonderful recipes(:) thanks for sharing them with us all ...and glad you stopped by..Patty