Ham-Spaghetti Skillet- Nancy Carter Recipes

Our poor beaten up Chargers lost. I thought they did pretty well considering how many injuries our team had. I actually watched the entire game. I must admit I am not that much of a fan, I am usually paying more attention to the computer than the game.

Last week I received a box of pamphlets I won on eBay. There were about 30 and I only paid $3.99 so it was a great deal. One of them is Thrifty Recipes From Nancy Carter's Cook Book a folder from Albers Super Markets a division of Colonial Stores. Apparently they put out a series of recipe folders in the early 60's.

Ham-Spaghetti Skillet

"Our taste testers voted this their favorite way to use leftover baked ham."

2 cups slivered cooked ham

1/2 cup chopped onion

1/4 cup chopped green pepper

1 clove garlic, crushed

2 tablespoon ham or bacon drippings

1 can (1 lb.) tomatoes

1 package (8 oz.) spaghetti

1/2 cup shredded sharp American cheese

Fry ham, onion, green pepper and garlic in drippings, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Cook spaghetti according to package direction. Drain. Add spaghetti and cheese to ham mixture and simmer uncovered about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Makes 5 to 6 servings.

No comments: