Who knew?

My husband gave me three or four cookbooks for Christmas that he got at thrift stores or library sales. I am embarrassed to say I hadn't looked at one of them until last week. It was an over-sized book titled Mirabelle. It was by some chef and about the Mirabelle restaurant in London. After looking at it I decided it wasn't the type of book I was interested in and told my husband he could sell it on eBay. Usually he would list a book like that for $5.95. For some reason I decided to do a search for it on a used and rare book site that searches over 80,000 sources. Lo and behold it was a valuable book that was being offered for around $100 dollars. I guess it must have been a very small printing run. To make a long story short he sold it on auction yesterday for $86.00!! Thank goodness I decided to check its value.

2 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

WOW Rochelle what a find that man of yours uncovered. You just never know about the value of an unfavored book. I haven't sold anything on ebay in oh so long. If you ever come across a book titled A Date With A Dish, the author slips my mind right now, let me know if you put it on ebay. I've been searching for that book for ages. I let someone borrow mine and never got it back...

Unknown said...

so cool I love to find a bargain
so us your valentines and holder .