Broccoli Grape Salad with Chutney Dressing

While perusing one of my many cookbooks I found a recipe that sounds like a very tasty variation of the broccoli, raisin and bacon salad that you see at buffets, potlucks etc. There are recipes for the basic salad all over the Internet. I did a search but didn't find another recipe like this one. It doesn't have any bacon like most broccoli salad recipes but you could easily add it if desired. The original recipe made a huge amount so I cut it in half.


Chutney Broccoli Grape Salad

1 head broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces ( florets and some stems)
3/4 pound seedless red grapes
1/4 of a red onion, chopped
1/2 cup lightly toasted slivered almonds
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 of a 9 oz. jar chutney
1 tablespoons curry powder
In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, grapes, onion and almonds.
In a small mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, chutney and curry powder; mix well. Stir mayonnaise mixture into broccoli mixture; mix well. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve. Serve chilled.
From: Grilling- Food Writers' Favorites

4 comments:

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

I've never heard of broccoli and grapes paired, but the earthy and sweet combination could be very refreshing.

~~louise~~ said...

That goes for me either and I have that book!!! I'll have to dig it out. If I remember correctly, there are many interesting recipes in those Food Writer Favorite series. Thanks for sharing Rochelle.

BTW, I'm having a book give-away on my blog. Drop by if you get a chance...

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Rochelle(:)
Interesting food as usual (:)
hope your day is all good..
hugs,Patty

~~louise~~ said...

Hi Rochelle,
I can't seem to find you if you have set yourself up @ Go Daddy which is where your comment link leads me to.

Do you have a new blog address??? If so, please email me with the new link.

Take care, Louise