San Francisco Stir-Fry- Fresh Ideas From Velveeta


Last night I noticed my store has Velveeta on special for $4.00 for the 2 lb. box. I don't buy it very often because most recipes seem to call for large amounts of it and that really increases the cost of the recipe. Today while looking for something to post I found a little booklet Fresh Ideas From Velveeta laying nearby. I guess that is a sign I should buy some.
This recipe is a little bit unusual. I don't think is should be called a stir-fry for a number of reasons, but it probably tastes good.

San Francisco Stir-Fry

2 cups broccoli flowerets
1 cup carrot slices
1/2 lb. Chinese pea pods
1/4 cup margarine
3/4 cup Velveeta Cheese Spread, cubed
1/4 cup milk
4 ozs. linguine, cooked, drained
1 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon leaves, crushed
In large skillet, stir-fry vegetables in margarine until crisp-tender. Add process cheese spread and milk; stir over medium heat until process cheese is melted. Add remaining ingredients; toss lightly. 4 to 6 servings.

2 comments:

Lidian said...

Why San Francisco, I wonder? The large Chinese population (many of whom, no doubt, rely on Velveeta for their stir-fries) or is there some subliminal Rice-A-Roni connection ("the San Francisco treat")?

That looks like a great booklet!

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

I would agree - this is probably better termed, Sauted Vegetables and pasta with cheese sauce! Sounds tasty, though!