A different salmon patty recipe




I know there are zillions of recipes for salmon patties but this one caught my eye because of the use of croutons as the binding agent. There are so many flavors of croutons now that you could make a flavorful salmon patty. The recipe is from a Pillsbury booklet: Working People's Cookbook, 1978.

Salmon Patties

2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon instant minced onion
1 1/2 cups salad croutons, crushed
16-oz. can salmon, drained and flaked
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
In large bowl, beat eggs slightly. Stir in remaining ingredients except butter. Firmly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties. In large skillet, melt butter. Saute patties over low heat until browned. Serve with creamed peas, or a mustard or dill sauce.

2 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

I like this recipe, Rochelle even if it is a bit outdated as they would say these days. You are so right, I can just imagine the different combinations with the array of croutons on the market.

Thanks for sharing...

P.S. I mentioned you on my blog the other day. Drop by if you get a minute. Here's the link.

~~louise~~ said...

Hi Rochelle!
Just popped in to invite you to the Cookbook Party I'm having at my blog for my Blogoversary! I hope you'll join us. It just wouldn't be the same without you and one of your "retro" recipes!

BTW, Happy Cookbook Month!!!