Franfurter Friday- Wieners "N Brown Rice

This extremely easy recipe makes what would have been called a Far Eastern or Oriental dish in most retro cookbooks. It is from Pillsbury's Creative Cooking In Minutes copyright 1971.

Wieners 'N Brown Rice

"This flavorful and hearty dish would go well with a green vegetable and crisp salad."

1 package (7 oz.) beef flavored rice mix

12 oz. to 1 pound sliced wieners

1/2 cup (5 oz.) can drained sliced water chestnuts OR 1/2 cup sliced celery

2 tablespoons chopped green pepper

Soy Sauce

Prepare rice mix as directed on package. Cut wieners into 1/2-inch slices. Add wieners, water chestnuts and green pepper to prepared rice. Cover. Simmer over low heat about 10 minutes until heated through. Serve with soy sauce. 4 servings.

4 comments:

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Rochelle

yum (:)
How are ya ?

been awhile

Hope all is going well for
you and yours(:)
hugs,Patty

Attic Clutter said...

Not sure if my comment worked ..just a big HELLO Rochelle(:)
hugs,Patty

~~louise~~ said...

Hi Rochelle,
Hope all is well with you and yours and the spirit of the season is keeping you safe and warm. Louise

~~louise~~ said...

I had to laugh to myself when I saw this, Rochelle. I took hot dogs out for dinner tonight (not something we eat often around here) but I'm off to a late auction and it works! However, I don't think I'll be preparing them a la Pillsbury. Where's the brown rice anyway???

Thanks for sharing...hope all is well with you and yours:)