Frankfurter Friday- Hot Dog Creole

Well here it is Friday again and I haven't posted during the week. I admit I am even getting a little sick of hot dog recipes. Next week I will really try to post something else during the week.
There really isn't anything creole about this recipe, but it is frugal. It also seems like kids would like it. It was in an old Lea & Perrins magazine advertisement.

"Creole" Franks
1 tablespoon oil
1 pound beef frankfurters, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1 can (12 oz.) vacuum packed corn with red and green sweet peppers
1 tablespoon instant minced onion
2 teaspoons Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 teaspoon majoram leaves, crumbled
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 package (8 oz.) elbow macaroni
In a large skillet heat oil. Add frankfurters; cook, stirring frequently, until brown, about 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, corn, onion, Worcestershire sauce, marjoram and salt. Bring to boiling point. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, cook macaroni as label directs; drain. Serve sauce over macaroni. Sprinkle with grated American cheese, if desired. Yield: 6 portions

1 comment:

~~louise~~ said...

Hi Rochelle! I'm so sorry, I just can't warm up to this recipe. However, I think you're right, I know a couple of kids that would simply LOVE it!!!

I borrowed a link of yours for today's post. Hope you don't mind.

Thanks for sharing...