Applesauce Snack Cake TNT

Well I got my computer back. But I am quite sad :( that all my favorites are gone and so is my blog reader. I don't know how I am going to find all the blogs I read again. It is going to take a long time. I had a huge list of bookmarked favorites too, last time something went wrong they were saved but no such luck this time. All my old e-mail is gone too and foolishly I had kept lots of old mail for references to passwords etc. I will have to change the way I use my computer. I was lucky though, my husband lost over 150 of his photos. Now if I can just get some more ink for my printer I will be back in business.
I seem to have leftover applesauce fairly often so I usually make muffins with it. The other day I had a larger amount so I decided to make a cake. The recipe I have made before only uses 1/2 cup so I found one that uses more. I adapted it a little and it turned out to be a very good snack cake. I have been enjoying a piece with my dinner at work each night.

Applesauce Cake
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 teaspoons spice, such as cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg etc. I use a can I have called cake spice that has all of these
1/4 cup oil
1-1/4 cups applesauce
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cups raisins ( I didn't use any)
Mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and spice. Add the wet ingredients and mix well. Pour into a greased and floured 9 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees until pick comes out clean about 35 minutes.

No comments: