Murphyburgers- not a good idea


My family had our Labor Day barbecue yesterday because I am working today. We had delicious steaks. Yum I am always ready for a good barbecue meal. But not all barbecues are created equal. On my vacation I found a 1955 barbecue magazine. It had this silly recipe in it. Murphyburgers: "Keep some canned corned beef hash on your emergency shelf and you can always serve unexpected guests. Just wrap man-sized slices of corned beef hash with bacon and cook them until crisp and brown . Better use a pan or griddle of some kind for Murphyburgers crumble too easily to put them right on grill. Serve them with barbecue sauce, chili sauce or tartar sauce. Tartar sauce! What were they thinking. The caption on the photo is: "Murphyburgers sizzling away-corn-on-the-cob almost done-plenty of cold Coke-that's what's good about summer time!" Sorry I think it would be a better idea to take unexpected guests out to eat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope, not a good idea at all!

But what a great magazine picture...

Kathy said...

My dad ate canned corn beef hash regularly when I was growing up. Fortunately, for the rest of us, no Murphyburgers ever appeared.

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

Ha! I remember my parents tried to feed us corn beef hash when we went camping. I was so stubborn, I refused it eat it, and sat there at the picnic table with the cold hash in front of me until the stars came out!

Monica said...

YUCK!!!!

some people in my family likes them!!!

I put you on my blogroll finally because I didnt know which blog to pick so I picked them all!!!