Recipe cards make cooking Pepper Steak fun

I love how happy this woman looks. All because she can make dinner easy and enjoyable with her new recipe card set. Well I have quite a few recipe card sets and I really don't find making dinner enjoyable. Looking at my recipes yes, but actually cooking no. This ad was for an International recipe card club and I don't have any from this series.

This recipe is from a series called My Great Recipes. I have just a few of the cards. An interesting thing about this card is that it has directions to modify the recipe to serve 2 or 8.

Pepper Steak

1 lb. beef chuck or round, fat trimmed

1/4 cup soy sauce

1 clove garlic

1-1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground

1/4 cup salad oil

1cup green onion, thinly sliced

1 cup read or green peppers cut into 1-inch squares

2 stalks celery, thinly sliced

1 tablespoon cornstarch

1 cup water

2 tomatoes, cut into wedges

With a very sharp knife cut beef across grain into thin strips, 1/8-inch thick. Combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger. Add beef. Toss and set aside while preparing vegetables

Heat oil in large frying pan or wok. Add beef and toss over high heat until browned. Taste meat. It it is not tender, cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes over low heat. Turn heat up and add vegetables. Toss until vegetables are tender crisp, about 10 minutes. Mix cornstarch with water. Add to pan; stir and cook until thickened. Add tomatoes and heat through. Serves 4.

5 comments:

Lidian said...

I'm with you, I hate cooking dinner. I like baking - sometimes. maybe, if I feel like it! Holiday baking is OK.

Otherwise,there's no set of recipe cards in this world that's going to change that!

That IS a great recipe card though - where did you find the set? Hope you post some more...

Lidian said...

Hi again, I have nominated you for an E for Excellence award - I listed both your blogs together, as one, because I couldn't decide, I love them both!

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Rochelle(:) How are ya?? I remember making this pepper steak dish when I was back in my newly wed stage of life..hehe... good stuff.. hugs Patty

T.W. Barritt at Culinary Types said...

See, now I AM happy when I'm making dinner. I can spend an entire Saturday making dinner and you'll see as big a smile on my face as you can see with that recipe card lady. Throw in a nice Bordeaux and I'm over the moon!

Recipe Cards said...

Hi,
I love recipes and I especially appreciate geeting this one. Thanks!
Recipe Cards